Deputy Librarian and Academic Services Manager
Telephone: 020 7862 5822
BA (1983); MA (1987); Dip Lib (1988); MCLIP (Member of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals); CMgr MCMI (Chartered Manager of the Chartered Management Institute)
Law librarianship; library and information management; copyright; staff development and training; training provision for researchers
Additional Professional Information:
- Previously a member of the British and Irish Association of Law Librarians Council, a senior member of the Editorial Board of Legal Information Management, a member of the BIALL Awards and Bursaries Committee and a member of the cpd25 Steering Group and Chair of the cpd25 Career Development Task Group (http://www.cpd25.ac.uk/administration/index.php)
- Appointed as "Member-at-large" of the International Association of Law Libraries (IALL) Scholarships Committee and undertaking a survey of major law libraries across the world (2011 onwards)
- Managing and reporting on the "Society of Legal Scholars / BIALL Annual Survey of Academic Law Libraries in the United Kingdom and Ireland" (2011 onwards)
- Awarded a Level 5 Diploma In Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (http://www.managers.org.uk) in November 2011
- Appointed as Visiting Fellow at the Max-Planck-Institut fuer auslaendishes und internationales Privatrecht, Hamburg, Germany, (September 2012)
- Awarded Chartered Manager status by the Chartered Management Institute from May 2012 onwards.
Academic Programme Organiser:
- Society of Legal Scholars / BIALL Academic Law Library Survey 2010/2011 Legal Information Management. Vol 12, no. 3., Autumn 2012. pp 218-232
- Should librarians and information professionals be content with current UK copyright law? Legal Information Management. Vol.8, no.3, Autumn 2008. pp.204-213
- A copyright balance? An overview for librarians of current UK copyright law. International Journal of Legal Information. Vol.35, no.1, Spring 2007. pp.47-62
- The Intute Foreign, Comparative and International Law Workbook 2006 [jointly with Steven Whittle] - View abstract and full text
- New and improved training programmes at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies Library. Legal Information Management. Vol.5, no. 3, 2005. pp.152-156
- Comparison of four premier academic law libraries in the United States and the United Kingdom: the findings of a valuable international placement. International Journal of Legal Information, vol. 31, no. 3, Winter 2003. pp.520-433
- Laying the foundations for law library co-operation around the world. Legal Information Management, vol.3, no. 3-4, Winter 2003. pp.201-203
- "Over there and over here": some observations on recent reader services developments at four academic legal research libraries. Legal Information Management, vol. 3, no. 2, Summer 2003. pp.99-106
- caLIM: current awareness for legal information managers web database. Posted June 17, 2002 on the Law Library Resources Xchange website http://llrx.com/features/calim.htm
- Retirement of Jill Newell - a truly professional law librarian. Amicus Curiae. No. 29, July 2000. p17
- Charging for information services at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies Library. The Law Librarian, vol. 30, no. 3, September 1999. pp.169-172
- Introducing an automated management system for the document Supply Service at IALS.The Law Librarian, vol.27, no. 2, June 1996. pp.111-114
Latest Publications in SAS-Space for David
Gee, David (2012) SLS/BIALL Academic Law Library Survey 2010/2011. Legal Information Management, 12 (3). pp. 218-232. ISSN 1472-6696
Gee, David and Whittle, Steven (2002) caLIM: current awareness for legal information managers web database. Amicus Curiae, 2002 (44). pp. 21-27.
Gee, David (2003) Laying the foundations for law library co-operation around the world. Amicus Curiae, 2003 (47). pp. 16-18. ISSN 1461-2097
Gee, David (2008) Should librarians and information professionals be content with current UK copyright law?
Gee, David (2003) Laying the foundations for law library co-operation around the world.
Whittle, Steven and Gee, David (2006) Intute Foreign, Comparative and International Law Workbook. [Guide or Manual]
Gee, David and Whittle, Steven (2002) caLIM: Current Awareness for Legal Information Managers Web Database.
Gee, David (2007) A copyright balance? An overview for librarians of current UK copyright law.
Gee, David (2003) Some transatlantic observations on the similarities in services at four academic legal research libraries.
Gee, David (2005) New and improved training programmes at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies Library.
Library Staff List - A-Z list - Search by Last Name